PARISH COUNCILLOR – OCCASIONAL VACANCY
Vacancies on the Haconby & Stainfield Parish Council occur from time to time and are then advertised on noticeboards and social media. Subject to the number of responses, positions are filled by election or co-option at a meeting of the Parish Council. Parishioners may register an interest in the appointment at any time.
The statutory rules for Parish Councillors are below. Haconby & Stainfield Parish Council seeks volunteers willing to give their time for free to attend Parish Council meetings and to work on behalf of their community. Like all local councils, Haconby & Stainfield Parish Council aims to represent the local community and to improve community wellbeing.
Candidates for co-option must:
- Be a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union
- Be 18 years or older on the day nominated for election
- For the whole of the 12 months prior to nomination:
- Have been an elector of the parish and either rented or occupied premises in the parish, or
- Resided within three miles of the boundary of the parish, or
- Had principal or only place of work in that area.
Candidates for co-option must not:
- Have been subject to a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
- Within five years of the day of election, have been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and having had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
- Work or have worked for the Parish Council
Interest in the appointment of Parish Councillor should registered with the Clerk to Haconby & Stainfield Parish Council by post (13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 0SY) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com).